Making a Pillow with Sewn-in Image:
You will need fabric for pillow, inkjet printable fabric sheet, thread to match fabrics, trim for embellishment, and fiberfill.
- Print image on the inkjet fabric sheet, following the directions carefully
- Cut image from backing, leaving a ¼” border all around.
- Press edges of image under ¼”
- Cut pillow fabric desired size, remembering to also cut a piece for the back.
- Center the image on one piece of fabric and baste or fuse in place. Position trim around the edges of the image and stitch in place.
- With right sides together, stitch pillow front to pillow back, using a ¼” seam, leaving an opening for turning. Turn pillow right side out.
- Stuff with fiberfill. Slipstitch opening.
- Hand or machine stitch outside trim to pillow.